Blogging! A beautiful word in our modern world. Starting a blog is a great idea. With a blog, you can define your creativity, own style and help others even you can make money from it. Making money from blogging is not secret anymore. In this post, we will explore how you can get started right now. Let’s get started
In my previews post, I talked about all the common questions and answer about blogging. Read it first, if you have question about blogging.
Blogging Where to Start?
1. Select a Topic –
Actually, choosing a topic for blogging is not difficult. But, choosing a profitable topic for blogging is hard. When we starting thinking about blogging topic, millions of ideas start bouncing on our head but, what to choose? Well experts says, choose something that you’re passionate about.
|image from bloggingwizard|
Choose what you know very well and you love to talk about it. Instantly, you can come up with enough blog posts ideas for a topic. If you’re not legitimately passionate about it, blogging won’t get you far by ProBlogger.
Whatever your topic is, you must post well written outstanding content to attract readers. Think what are your hobbies? How do you love to spend your free time? Or what do you enjoy reading and learn ing about? Still, confused? To narrow down and find your topic read this article 30 Blog Niche Ideas with Sub-niche Selections. To clarify about blog posts ideas read this Blog Post Ideas
2. Pick a Blogging Platform –
There are many blogging platforms. Every one of those is different with different features. Some are paid, some are non-paid. Free platforms with limited features and options, paid are not. In my preview article I wrote all about it, make sure you read it.
- WordPress.org (Self Hosted)
Personally, I prefer to choose is, If you want to go with free choose one from the list. If you can afford a paid platform I will hardly suggest WordPress.org (Self Hosted). Only you have to carry Domain & Hosting costs.
3. Choose Website Name & Web Hosting –
In order to lunch your website you need domain & hosting. The domain is your website name and hosting is the storage, where you will upload and keep your website.
Normally, Domain cost $9.99 to $15 per year for common TDLS (.com, .net, .org etc). Hosting cost $2.99 to $9.99 per month, which is pretty high for most of us. Here from Bluehost you can get hosting for $2.99 per month with a free domain. Cool, isn’t it?
- Go to Bluehost
- Select your plan and sign up
3. Install WordPress in 1 click
It’s easy to get in trouble if you’re not familiar with it. Don’t hesitate to comment below or contact me on any issue with your site setup. I will love to hear from you.
4. Choose Theme & Design Your Blog –
Design your blog to define your style. Choose a good theme for your site that will bring style, creativity, and functionality to run your website smoothly. Here, I added the best free 5 themes for WordPress.
If you love to go with a paid option, Here is the best theme I have seen & worked with so far. https://themeforest.net/item/jannah-wordpress-news-magazine-theme/19659555.
Structure your blog and design it beautifully.
|Image from firstsiteguide.com|
5. Publish Great Content –
|Image from Meltwater|
This is the most important and fundamental part for blogging. Your blogging success is dependent on this part. If you don’t have valuable content that helps reader, they will leave your site soon. Content is like gems for your website. People love good, helpful, funny content. It’s going to easy for you to keep visitors longer on your site with valuable content.
Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day – Jim Rohn
- Publish Content Regularly – Try to publish content regularly or twice/thrice a week. Fresh content will attract your visitor to visit everyday.
- Know Your Audience – Content are deeply related to your audience. If you don’t have any idea which topic you should write on. Research your ideal reader, find out what they like most or what is your audience is looking for.
- Develop Content Strategy – Make a actionable strategy based on what you have already figure out. Apply it silently, let success be your noise.
6. Start Growing your Blog –
|Image from Adweek|
You’re almost done to reach your goal. Now let people know you have a great & beautiful blog, where they’ll find better valuable content.
- Social Media – Create your blog profile on social media to multiply your visitors. Share your posts on social media like, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat etc.
- SEO – Do SEO for your blog to rank on search engine. Once you got on SERP page you will 100% organic visitors on your blog.
- Email Marketing – Collect emails and let them know about your new/popular posts.